Texas Solar Energy Society Welcomes You
The TXSES Mission
To increase the awareness of the potential of solar energy and other renewable energy applications and to promote the wise use of sustainable and non-polluting resources.
We are a chapter of the American Solar Energy Society
Read the April issue of Solar Today Magazine and Solar at Work. Find out what's happening in communities around the country with the bi-weekly Solar Citizen!
TXSES is a member of TREIA
TREIA represents 500 member companies in all areas of renewable energy, tapping the infinite to extend the finite.
TXSES is a member of EarthShare Texas
EarthShare Texas supports state and national
environmental organizations through workplace giving campaigns and H-E-B's April tear pad donations. Reliant Energy customers may support us through Reliant EcoShare.
Look below for the latest Science Daily articles on solar energy technology.
The 17th Annual Austin Cool House Tour is Sunday, June 2, 10:00-6:00. Come to this nationally recognized tour and learn how to build, buy or remodel a home with an eye to energy and water savings, increased comfort, and reduced maintenance. Talk to the professionals and homeowners! More
The 83rd Texas Legislature has convened and we encourage you to tell your representatives that you support the adoption of solar. Learn more
New ERCOT report shows that updated energy data makes the case that solar and wind are highly competive with natural gas. Thanks to Colin Meehan from Environmental Defense for his blog and to the Texas Observer for their piece.
The American Council for Energy Efficiency (ACEEE) has published their state by state 2012 scorecard for energy efficiency policies. See where we stand.
Solar San Antonio has published a concise and straightforward checklist to insure that your planned solar system does not run into interference from your HOA.
A website from the National Renewable Energy Lab makes reading US solar data easy.
Check out Time Mapper, an animation of solar pv installations in the nation from 2000 through 2012. This is so cool!
Explore Cathy Redson's Solar 101 workshop. This presentation is considered by many to be one of the best introductions to solar energy ever.
Solar Energy News
- Artificial forest for solar water-splitting: First fully integrated artificial photosynthesis nanosystem
- Significant improvement in performance of solar-powered hydrogen generation
- Storage power plant on the seabed
- Entrepreneur giving space shuttle truss new uses
- Solar panels as inexpensive as paint?
- 'Power plants': How to harvest electricity directly from plants
- Value in concentrating solar power to add to electric grid calculated
- Microwave oven cooks up solar cell material
- A giant leap to commercialization of polymer solar cell technology
- How to clean seaweed from beaches: Dry it and use the biomass for energy