Blue Mountain Peak Ranch
Barley | Pfeiffer Architecture
Passive solar design - before & after
Promoting clean, safe, locally harvested solar energy
for every Texan.
- Solar got cheaper and better in the 2010’s. Now what?
- Survey shows 46% of U.S. homeowners want rooftop solar
- Residential solar rebounds and sets new U.S. record in Q3
- RE100 experiences biggest year ever, growing by a third
- U.S. solar industry lost 62K new jobs due to Trump tariffs
- Largest Texas solar site (315 MW) completed, with drone video
- McDonald’s signs PPA with 380MW Texas solar farm to run 2,500 restaurants
- DOE report finds distributed solar is getting more efficient
- Lazard analysis shows solar costs falling about 13% annually
- Analyst projects residential solar growing 25% or more in 2019
These and other recent solar stories at Solar News of Note.
See Solar Energy Data – 2018 for the latest statewide and national solar statistics and data.
In observation of responsible social distancing practices, we’ve rescheduled our renowned Cool House Tour to September 20, 2020. Find details about last year’s Tour here. We give profound thanks to Austin Energy’s Green Building Program for sponsoring the Tour for the past 24 years.
Texas grocery store H-E-B just announced a $190K gift to EarthShare of Texas! That’s great news for TXSES and the other 40 member nonprofits under Earth Share’s umbrella that benefit from HEB’s generosity. This gift means Texas’ environmental assets will continue to be preserved and protected for generations to come.
From Executive Director Patrice ‘Pete’ Parsons: how TXSES will continue its statewide solar educational outreach despite the disruption caused by COVID-19. Read more.
The Texas Solar Energy Society is a member of the American Solar Energy Society (ASES), the nation’s leading association of solar professionals and advocates. ASES is a catalyst and a valuable resource in the emergence and re-evolution of America’s new energy economy, in a way that deeply values the role of all stakeholders in a collaborative and transparent co-creative process. They have been shining a light on the solution since 1954. Become a member and receive Solar Today Magazine. Take a quick tour with this video!