Our mission: equitable access to solar energy for every Texan.
Because we envision a world where our children will grow up in a clean, safe climate, TXSES supports bold solutions to educate and inspire every Texan to adopt solar energy as part of an equitable, 100% clean energy future.
For more than four decades, TXSES has been the pre-eminent statewide organization developing free thought-leading, independent, fact-based educational materials that inspire innovation, share best practices and educate decision-makers on the critical importance of sound, favorable solar policies that will grow the industry; protect clean air; build healthy, resilient communities; support local, well-paying jobs; and lay the foundation for building a strong solar foundation for a 100% clean energy future for Texas, one community at a time.
A membership-based organization, TXSES’s unique niche is exemplified in our well-established local chapters in Austin, Dallas, El Paso, Houston and San Antonio. Having boots on the ground in these major metropolitan cities, which represent nearly a quarter of Texas’s 29 million citizens, enables our gifted, dedicated experts to disseminate fact-based, relevant solar information.
Here’s a quick look at some of what we do:
- Publish our quarterly newsletter, Solar Reflector;
- Organize the Austin Cool House Tour, a collaboration with Austin Energy’s Green Building Program, held annually since 1997;
- Provide grants to our chapters in Austin, North Texas, Houston, El Paso and San Antonio to educate more Texans about the relentless benefits of solar energy;
- Enable pathways to jobs and opportunities for advancement in solar energy for women and students of color throughout the state;
- Educate rural electric cooperatives and small utilities about the benefits of community solar;
- Monitor and engage with relevant state and local policies that affect solar energy opportunities in Texas through our Policy Committee (open to Silver, Gold and Platinum business members).
- Connect with low-to-moderate income and underserved populations so they can be solar consumers; and
- Maintain an energetic social media presence on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram. Engage with us!